The course consists of one-and-one-half loops around Jamaica Pond with a finish along the first base line of the ball field:
- PRE-RACE: Pre-race activities, race-day registration, bag check and more will take place in “The Hype Zone”, on the green space in the S/SW corner of the park next to Kelley Circle (nearest entrance on Eliot St. and Pond St.).
- RACE START: For the start of the race, marshals will move participants north to the start line at the Boathouse.
- THE FIRST LOOP: Begin by making a full loop of the Jamaica Pond perimeter path, pass the Boathouse and the Hype Zone and continue around again.
- THE SECOND LOOP: Continue around the Jamaica Pond perimeter path a second time. Pass the boathouse a second time. Course marshals will direct participants to the left toward the finish line. Be sure to enter the FINISH line chute to get your race time.
- Watch for uneven surfaces.
- Watch for families with baby carriages, people walking dogs and other visitors entering and exiting Jamaica Pond .
- This is a race, but we do need to be good neighbors. Don't run over our slower neighbors who are out strolling in the park!
- Have a fun race!