The course consists of one-and-one-half loops around Jamaica Pond with a finish along the first base line of the ball field:
- PRE-RACE: Pre-race activities, race-day registration, bag check and more will take place in “The Hype Zone”, on the green space in the S/SW corner of the park next to Kelley Circle (nearest entrance on Eliot St. and Pond St.).
- RACE START: For the start of the race, marshals will move participants down to the start line at the Boathouse.
- THE FIRST LOOP: Begin by making a full loop of the Jamaica Pond perimeter path, pass the Start Line and continue around again.
- THE SECOND LOOP: Continue around the Jamaica Pond perimeter path a second time. Pass the boathouse a second time. Course marshals will direct participants up the hill for the ...
- THE PINEBANK TURN AND FINISH: Follow the directions of course marshals up the hill for a quick loop around the site of the former Pinebank mansion and out to FINISH along the first base line of the ball field. Be sure to enter the FINISH line chute to get your race time.
- Watch for uneven surfaces.
- Watch for families with baby carriages, people walking dogs and other visitors entering and exiting Jamaica Pond .
- This is a race, but we do need to be good neighbors. Don't run over our slower neighbors who are out strolling in the park!
- Have a fun race!